Category Archives: .net Programming

“BindingFailure was detected” in Visual Studio 2008

I just had an issue trying to connect to a web service with Visual Studio.

I received the following exception when I tried to start the application within VS.net 2008.

BindingFailure was detected Message: The assembly with display name 'company VoIP dd Code Importer.XmlSerializers' failed to load in the 'LoadFrom' binding context of the AppDomain with ID 1. The cause of the failure was: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'company VoIP dd Code Importer.XmlSerializers, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. File name: 'company VoIP dd Code Importer.XmlSerializers, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' === Pre-bind state information === LOG: User = WEBSERVER1\Administrator LOG: DisplayName = company VoIP dd Code Importer.XmlSerializers, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null, processorArchitecture=MSIL (Fully-specified) LOG: Appbase = file:///D:/HostingSpaces2/admin/companycommunications.com/Services/Source Files/company VoIP/company VoIP dd Code Importer/bin/Debug/ LOG: Initial PrivatePath = NULL Calling assembly : System.Xml, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089. === LOG: This bind starts in default load context. LOG: Using application configuration file: D:\HostingSpaces2\admin\companycommunications.com\Services\Source Files\company VoIP\company VoIP dd Code Importer\bin\Debug\company VoIP dd Code Importer.vshost.exe.config LOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\config\machine.config. LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom, partial, or location-based assembly bind). LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///D:/HostingSpaces2/admin/companycommunications.com/Services/Source Files/company VoIP/company VoIP dd Code Importer/bin/Debug/company VoIP dd Code Importer.XmlSerializers.DLL. LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///D:/HostingSpaces2/admin/companycommunications.com/Services/Source Files/company VoIP/company VoIP dd Code Importer/bin/Debug/company VoIP dd Code Importer.XmlSerializers/company VoIP dd Code Importer.XmlSerializers.DLL. LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///D:/HostingSpaces2/admin/companycommunications.com/Services/Source Files/company VoIP/company VoIP dd Code Importer/bin/Debug/company VoIP dd Code Importer.XmlSerializers.EXE. LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///D:/HostingSpaces2/admin/companycommunications.com/Services/Source Files/company VoIP/company VoIP dd Code Importer/bin/Debug/company VoIP dd Code Importer.XmlSerializers/company VoIP dd Code Importer.XmlSerializers.EXE.

I found the solution here: http://blog.unixwiz.net/2009/04/bindingfailure-was-detected-in-vs2008.html

The solution in my case was to turn this off by selecting Debug : Exceptions… and disabling Managed Debugging Assistants: