Microsoft Excel – Howto Sort
This is a guide to sorting by Surname when the Firstname and the Surname are in one column.
You can’t without putting the firstname and the surname in separate columns.
However, there is an easy way to separate them.
1. Highlight all column that contains the firstname and surname.
2. Click the Data tab then click ‘Text To Columns’
3. Select the Delimited option and click Next>
4. Under Delimiters, check ‘Space’ and uncheck anythying else. Then press Next>
5. Click Finish and you should find that the Firstname and Surname have been separated to allow you to sort by Surname.